Founded in May 2001 by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Matt DeLong, CoreCommerce software currently powers over 13,000 stores online. Sum Effect Software Inc is the parent company of CoreCommerce. The company is located in Franklin, TN and works with clients including Michigan State University, GE, Olan Mills, and Clear Channel Radio, among others. According to CoreCommerce’s website, the company has a 93% customer satisfaction rating.
Sum Effect Software, Inc is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) as of 2012. However, the company holds an A+ rating with BBB. From 2008-2011, 7 complaints were filed with BBB regarding Sum Effect Software’s advertising/sales, billing, and products. All complaints are closed.
CoreCommerce incorporates mobile and Facebook integration as well as dropshipping and design customizability into its e-commerce software solution. Some of the features of the software include:
- Stores can be accessed from mobile devices like Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone
- Store items can be viewed from within the store’s Facebook Page through the Facebook Store feature
- Products can be assigned to specific dropshipping warehouses and shipping rates can be calculated by CoreCommerce
- A blog can be added to the store and used to promote the store and its products
- Specific sale groups can be created for stores with custom prices for each group
- URLs for store items are SEO-friendly
- Product images can be zoomed in on
- Templates can be installed and modified to change the look of the store
- Custom designed templates can be purchased through CoreCommerce
- Email Marketing through two integrated marketing programs: Constant Contact and Mailchimp
- Claimed 99.9% store up-time and 100% network time
- Automatic free upgrades
- 256-bit encryption SSL store security
- Payment options include all the major credit cards, Google Checkout, PayPal, check, and money order.
CoreCommerce: What’s Offered
CoreCommerce offers five different plans ranging from $19.99 per month to $149.99 per month. All plans include the same features mentioned above; however, the amount of products, bandwidth, storage space, and email accounts allowed varies between the five plans. No setup fee is required for any of the plans.
Beginner Service Plan – Includes support of up to 125 products in the store, 2 GB Bandwidth, 500 MB storage space, and 5 email accounts. The Beginner Plan is billed at $19.99 per month.
Starter Service Plan – Includes support of up to 500 products in the store, 4 GB Bandwidth, 700 MB storage space, and 10 email accounts. The Starter Plan is billed at $34.99 per month.
Basic Service Plan – This plan includes support of up to 1,500 products in the store, 6 GB Bandwidth, 1 GB storage space, and up to 15 email accounts. The Basic Plan is billed at $59.99 per month.
Standard Service Plan – Includes support of up to 5,500 products in the store, 20 GB Bandwidth, 2 GB storage space, and up to 20 email accounts. The Standard Plan is billed at $99.99 per month.
Pro Service Plan – Geared toward large stores, the Pro Plan supports unlimited products in the store, 50 GB Bandwidth, 4 GB storage space, and up to 25 email accounts. The Pro Plan is billed at $149.99 per month.